Thursday, August 04, 2011

Alone Time Shouldn't Be This Busy

So I'm now on day 3 of being alone at home. My family is on vacation for a week while I stay home because I couldn't get work off.

This isn't the first time. They've left before while I've stayed. But it is the first time I've been so busy while they were gone. Even if they were here, they would not have seen me that much. Every night there are things to do. Work and sleep fill in the rest of my time just as they always do.

I guess it makes the time alone fly faster, so I won't complain. The thing I miss most while they are gone is the hugs from my 2 youngest. I also miss reading with Cale and I even miss they way Trey continually talks about video games. I also really miss all the bowling. That has been just the funnest thing this summer. We've been bowling on the cheap with the Kids Bowl Free program. I tried to bowl a couple games over Skype with them last night, but it just wasn't the same.

Take care, fam. I miss you.

2 comments:

Janet Johnson said...

As they say, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." :)

Myrna said...

You didn't tell me you had a blog 2 months ago. If it was when I had the family, we had a great time. Thanks for letting them come.