Thursday, March 25, 2010

Haunted House Last Night



After I fell asleep last night, Trey called for his mommy. Jeralynn found him wide awake and scared. He told her that he heard a voice. According to the frightened little boy, the voice said "I will kill you." Disturbed by this, Jeralynn did her best to comfort him. Trey often claims to have nightmares and frequently uses the "I'm scared" routine to get attention when he doesn't want to go to sleep. But something about the specificity of Trey hearing the voice didn't seem normal.

Back in the living room, Jeralynn mentioned the incident to her sister who is staying over this week. Josie immediately claimed to have heard it too, a male voice saying, "I don't want to kill you, but I will."

By this time, Jeralynn was getting a bit scared herself. She searched Trey's room for any sign of a toy or something that might sound like that. Upon finding nothing and still having the problem of Trey wide awake, she prayed with him to try and calm him down enough to be able to sleep.

Next, she came back into our room where I still lay, sound asleep, and saw my laptop on the desk. Immediately she remembered about all the strange alert sounds I had set on my computer, including one movie quote that says, "I don't want to kill you, but I will." After 45 minutes of near panic, the mystery was solved and the offending computer was put on mute.

I guess I'm lucky I didn't wake up with her fingers around my throat saying, "I don't want to kill you, but I will, if you don't change your computer audio alerts."

5 comments:

Janet Johnson said...

LOL, that's what you get for choosing strange computer sounds. :) Poor Trey.

By the way, I forgot to let London read Trey's e-mail. It was very cute.

MikeS said...

I think Trey is a bit Jealous that Cale has an email address. I told him he can get one too when he learns to read and write.

Jennifer Harris said...

Poor Jeralynn and Trey, that would have creeped me out, too!

Rebecca said...

Mike, Mike, Mike!!!!!! Maybe you should close you computer before you go to sleep!

Myrna said...

Trey is going to have flashbacks on this one. What a nightmare!